One man (Louie) leaves his key to his apartment with a friend before heading out of town for a week in early December.
Inspired friend invites mischievous elves loaded with Christmas paper and tape over to the temporarily-vacant abode.
Everything got the treatment, including dish towels, curtains, light switch plates and the food inside the fridge and freezer. Nothing escaped their paper.
More Christmas merriment to further tweak your need for alternative carols.
It’s by The Vestibules’ Christmas on Acid with visuals from most of your favorite holiday cartoons. Ahhh, nostalgia.
Posted in alcoholic beverages, cartoons, holidays, music, ouch, Pop Culture, television, weird
Tagged cartoons, Christmas, Christmas cartoons, Christmas on Acid, funny, funny Christmas, holidays, Pop Culture, television, The Vestibules, weird, weird Christmas
I’m trying to get in the Christmas spirit, but haven’t had much luck lately.
Oddly enough, these geeky little Christmas ornaments may have helped perk up the spirits a bit, considering I have actually had two of them dangle from my own tree.
Yep, Newscoma has the Captain Kirk and Dr. Spock ornaments.
It seems, there are ornaments for all sorts of gamers out there too.
Everything from the old-school NES
to the Wii can dangle from your Douglas Fir.
And who needs fruit cake (even an inflatable fruit cake) when there are sushi ornaments available.
Toxel the full list of 14 unusual Christmas ornaments
Posted in geek/tech, holidays, Pop Culture, Science fiction, space, television
Tagged Captain Kirk, Christmas, Christmas ornaments, Dr. Spock, fruit cakes, gamers, gaming systems, Geek Christmas ornaments, holidays, inflatable fruit cake, NES, Star Trek, sushi, the perfect fruit cake, unusual Christmas ornaments, Wii
You’ll understand why I used photo of a white squirrel to send you Christmas wishes after you watch the video below.
It’s vintage New Kids on the Block appearing on the Arsenio Hall Show.
They’re performing “Funky, Funky Christmas”.
The dance moves, the faux rap, the bare chests, sideways baseball caps – these white boys think they have funky down to a science.
It’s about as un-funkified as one can get with Arsenio chipping in to bring the funk factor down an extra notch.
That was the ultimate White Christmas.
Somewhere, James Brown is currently rolling over in his grave.
Posted in dance, music, ouch, Pop Culture, television
Tagged Arsenio, Arsenio Hall Show, Christmas, Funky, Funky Christmas, holidays, James Brown, New Kids on the Block, NKOTB, White Christmas
Last week I opted not to use a Christmas song for Feel Good Friday.
With this being the final Friday before the big event, I’ve chosen my Christmas Feel Good Friday tune – with a twist of course.
It’s the Del Rubio Triplets doing their version of Winter Wonderland with a bonus dash of Pee Wee Herman and Cowboy Curtis.
An early Merry Christmas to all of you!
Posted in classics, Feel Good Friday, holidays, kitsch, nostalgia, Pop Culture, television, weather, weird
Tagged Christmas, Christmas carols, Cowboy Curtis, Del Rubio Triplets, funny, holiday songs, holidays, odd Christmas songs, Pee Wee Herman, Pee Wee's Playhouse, snow, Winter Wonderlandd
In my local grocer, there’s been a display of fruitcakes available for purchase since late October.
Mmm hhhmmm, but not mmmm mmm good.
I believe the purveyor of all good taste, Archie McPhee, has the perfect fruitcake available to consumers – the inflatable fruitcake.
Recycle it year after year and enjoy.
Posted in family, food, holidays, kitsch, nostalgia, toys
Tagged Archie McPhee, baking, Christmas, Christmas traditions, holidays, inflatable fruitcake
About a million years ago, I was tagged by Newscoma to come up with seven interesting facts about myself. I put off responding for so long that now I’m too lazy to dig through her stuff and find her original post.
So instead, I’ve found this meme that I’m starting.
It’s of the holiday ilk, so it will provide a bit of variety to the usual meme thread about who does or doesn’t like their toast dry or buttery.
Here we go.
Rules for the game include:
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
1. Wrapping or gift bags? both, but I like putting in the effort to actually wrap some although I’m terrible at it. When I’m done wrapping, it looks like the combined efforts of a kindergarten class.
2. Real or artificial tree? artificial including silver aluminum
3. When do you put up the tree? Immediately after Thanksgiving if at all possible but I’m late this year
4. When do you take the tree down? at the last possible moment
5. Do you like eggnog? Give me boiled custard. My grandmother used to make a home-made variety that was as thick as glue. We’d spoon it out of our glass. Mmmmmm
6. Favorite gift received as a child? all of them
7. Do you have a nativity scene? no
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? none of them. A gift is a great thing
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? I like to Mail, but it’s just easier and more practical now to e-mail
10. Favorite Christmas Movie? Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I never stop looking for presents for other people – all year long
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? fudge and all the party dips and spreads
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? colored
14. Favorite Christmas song? Let it snow and Silver Bells
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home, but we end up traveling to visit with every one
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer. no
17. Angel on the tree top or a star? star
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning ? christmas morning although I end up opening presents both times so we can be with all the families
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds and grinches
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? two of them are themes (I have more than one) I’ve got a Simpsons tree and an aluminum tree that I decorate in blue
21. What do you leave for Santa ? whatever I think will entice him to leave more goodies under the tree
22. Least favorite holiday song? Little Drummer boy
23. Favorite ornament? My Wizard of Oz ornaments and my Simpsons ornaments are great, but I also have some dog ornaments that I love.
Now it’s time to tag some folks. Let’s see.
I’ll put this on Newscoma, Scout, Kathy T., Ivy, Badger, Ron, Holly
Posted in Blogroll, family, food, holidays, Movies, music, nostalgia, The Simpsons, toys, travel
Tagged about me, Christmas, Christmas tree, holiday meme, Holiday music, ornaments