About a million years ago, I was tagged by Newscoma to come up with seven interesting facts about myself. I put off responding for so long that now I’m too lazy to dig through her stuff and find her original post.
So instead, I’ve found this meme that I’m starting.
It’s of the holiday ilk, so it will provide a bit of variety to the usual meme thread about who does or doesn’t like their toast dry or buttery.
Here we go.
Rules for the game include:
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
1. Wrapping or ? both, but I like putting in the effort to actually wrap some although I’m terrible at it. When I’m done wrapping, it looks like the combined efforts of a kindergarten class.
2. Real or artificial tree? artificial including silver aluminum
3. When do you put up the tree? Immediately after if at all possible but I’m late this year
4. When do you take the tree down? at the last possible moment
5. Do you like eggnog? Give me boiled custard. My grandmother used to make a home-made variety that was as thick as glue. We’d spoon it out of our glass. Mmmmmm
6. Favorite gift received as a child? all of them
7. Do you have a nativity scene? no
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? none of them. A gift is a great thing
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? I like to Mail, but it’s just easier and more practical now to e-mail
10. Favorite Christmas Movie? Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer
11. When do you start shopping for ? I never stop looking for presents for other people – all year long
12. Favorite thing to eat at ? fudge and all the party dips and spreads
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? colored
14. Favorite Christmas song? Let it snow and Silver Bells
15. Travel at or stay home? Stay at home, but we end up traveling to visit with every one
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer. no
17. Angel on the tree top or a star? star
18. Open the presents or Christmas Morning ? christmas morning although I end up opening presents both times so we can be with all the families
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds and grinches
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? two of them are themes (I have more than one) I’ve got a Simpsons tree and an aluminum tree that I decorate in blue
21. What do you leave for Santa ? whatever I think will entice him to leave more goodies under the tree
22. Least favorite holiday song? Little Drummer boy
23. Favorite ornament? My Wizard of Oz ornaments and my Simpsons ornaments are great, but I also have some dog ornaments that I love.
Now it’s time to tag some folks. Let’s see.